By Michael J. Blunt
Read Online or Download A New Approach to Teaching and Learning Anatomy. Objectives and Learning Activities PDF
Similar anatomy books
First released in 1981, this booklet offers an unique method of a space of serious significance in comparative zoology and body structure and evolutionary biology: the evolution of air inhaling vertebrates from aquatic ancestors. the topic is approached from a sensible in addition to an anatomical standpoint, using wisdom of the body structure of extant animals to track possible evolutionary steps.
This nearby textbook of anatomy is aimed toward trainee surgeons and scientific scholars. all through it's wealthy in utilized scientific content material, wisdom of that is crucial for either scientific exam and surgeries. even if nearby in procedure each one bankruptcy is dependent to obviously clarify the constitution and serve as of the part structures.
This booklet is a wealthy resource of knowledge on biomarkers acceptable to the pathology of neoplastic issues of the mind. Thorough descriptions are supplied of the innovations at present to be had for medical and experimental assessment of biomarkers in mind neoplasms, together with in situ hybridization, array-based equipment, methylation profiling, next-generation sequencing, and sensible gene panels.
- Acquisition and performance of sports skills
- Langman's Medical Embriology
- Biomechanics of the Locomotor Apparatus: Contributions on the Functional Anatomy of the Locomotor Apparatus
- Neuronal Input Pathways to the Brains Biological Clock and their Functional Significance
Additional resources for A New Approach to Teaching and Learning Anatomy. Objectives and Learning Activities
8) Lists tiie structures enveloped by tiie parotid gland. 9) States the principles involved in the innervation of the salivary glands and the main nerve trunks involved. 10) Identifies the crowns of permanent teeth and deduces their functions. 11) Illustrates the main features of generalized tooth structure, pulp, dentine, enamel, cement and periodontal membrane. 12) States the approximate times of eruption of the deciduous teeth. 13) Carries out a visual examination of oral cavity and oral pharynx.
12). 7) With colleagues deduces the principal actions of the muscles named and deduces the motor functional deficits attributable to facial nerve lesions. 7). (20 min) Media Articulated skuUs (students' property)*, x-rays of skull (anterior and lateral), dissections of brain, models of brain, prosections of head and neck. General Objective 2 Comprehends and applies to function the main arrangements of musculo-skeletal structures and nerves in the neck. 1) Identifies the main features of the atlas and axis and of a typical cervical vertebra.
In the case of Umb vessels it will be found that the objectives emphasize an understanding of distribution patterns but not of the detailed anatomy of the small branches of arterial trunks. Where the study of such branches is undertaken it may be safely concluded that facts which do not lead to deeper understanding of vascular distri bution and the significance of anastomotic connections are not very profitably acquired. The situation may perhaps best be summed up in the statement that the objectives are intended to signpost areas of study most useful for the student and most likely to result in performance outcomes which are personally rewarding and useful and which will consequently be reflected in the formulation of tests and examinations.